At Dunsfold Park we pride ourselves on employing engaged, motivated and talented people, who work well both individually and as a team.
We recognise that our employees are the cornerstone of our business and the key to our success and we pride ourselves on providing a friendly, collaborative, diverse and welcoming working environment in which people thrive.
We have a relatively low staff turnover which we believe is a reflection of our ability to pick the right people for the job and allowing them to develop within the organisation. We recognise that career development is not just about moving onwards and upwards but about bringing out the best in individuals and helping them to develop both within their existing role and within the company.
Current Vacancies at Dunsfold Business Park
The Rutland Group is recruiting a Security Manager to join its security team at Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey. Key duties will include:
- Developing and retaining a clear understanding of the security requirements at Dunsfold Park, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing agreed changes.
- Leading, training and mentoring a team of seven that is the first point of contact for all entering the site; ensuring processes are followed and recognising that security is part of the visitor experience.
- Responsibility to lead all security-impacted incident management.
- Managing emergencies, completing all relevant reports and liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Responsibility for CCTV security systems, including managing suppliers, maintenance and upgrades.
- Assisting the Properties Manager with facilities management. This will include inspection patrols to observe, report and monitor the exterior areas and landscaping of the Estate.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant job-related experience with a proven background in managing a team in a security or law enforcement setting.
- Appropriate qualifications relevant to the role, preferably trained to licenced SIA level.
- Excellent customer care awareness and an ability to deal with the public.
- Evidence of ability to motivate individuals and a team to achieve business and personal targets, and promoting team spirit, cooperation and morale.
- Evidence of ability to manage and prioritise workload, and to maintain confidentiality always.
- Intermediate level PC skills - to include MS Office & Excel.
The security team work 24 / 7 / 365 and operate a 12-hour shift system on a four on, four off pattern. he pattern operates on a 16-week cycle, resulting in an average 42-hour week / 56 days over 16 weeks. The Security Manager will be expected to work four weekday 12-hour shifts per week from 06:30 - 18:30 and occasional overtime where necessary.
- Salary £13.00 per hour
- Auto-enrolment pension
- 23 working days’ holiday per annum (including statutory). Additional holiday accrues for overtime worked at a rate of one day per nine days worked
- Full company uniform
- Paid SIA licence renewals
- Training opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
To apply please send your CV and covering letter by 28th August 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We actively support work experience placements, internships and apprenticeships as we believe these can be mutually beneficial both for the company and those seeking placements.
We receive a significant number of requests for work experience each year and consider each application seriously and on its merits.
The majority of our placements are within the areas of PR, Marketing and Events, where we can offer an interesting and varied spectrum of work experience.
If you wish to apply for work experience at Dunsfold Park you should write, in the first instance, to Nancy Edwards and provide the following information:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your interests
- Explain why you are applying to us
- Outline what your career ambitions are
- The length of placement you are interested in
- The dates you would be interested in having a placement and whether those dates are flexible
Work Experience Feedback
Thank you for all you have done for me in giving me a summer job during Wings & Wheels. I had a fantastic time and so many new experiences – including a flight in a helicopter and a ride in an Aston Martin - and introductions to many interesting people. Thank you also for all your support and for giving my family and I tickets for the most amazing Air Show! I am sure there are things I have forgotten to mention and thank you for – including on-site accommodation and transport - but if there is anything I can do to repay the many kindnesses shown to me this summer please let me know. Hannah Fisher
First of all I just wanted to say the biggest thank you. Thank you for having me and thank you for looking after me for over a week and a half. I really appreciate you taking me on especially at such short notice and making sure that I was comfortable, fed and entertained. I have learnt so much over the past week and a half, being around all of you I have picked up so much and learnt so much. You have all been so brilliant and such a good laugh to be around, and it has been so nice to be welcomed into such a friendly and refreshing office. I have learnt a lot more about the different areas within event management and it has provided me with a better understanding regarding which type of event management I want to go into. If you ever need or want some help in the future I will happily be on the next train down to help in any way I can. Again thank you for everything you have done for me and the experience I have gained. Kind regards Niall Kelly
A big thank you to you and all the team for a brilliant job. Even in rain or shine your enthusiasm shone through. It really doesn't get any better than this. From a purely personal point of view, I want to thank you for providing an ideal break from the strain of recalcitrant Architects and boring Quantity Surveyors, for a few days [of] walking miles and miles in the sunshine, having a laugh with a fresh (and young) new team and [being] given straight orders. I was totally knackered at the end but really enjoyed it. I also have to say a big thank you for all you did for Niall. He loved it and totally made up his mind that this is what he wants to do. He said he wanted to be just like you! Off to Goodwood in a few weeks' time to see how far short they fall of mighty Dunsfold. My warmest regards Martin Kelly